Monday, August 3, 2009

Golf Rules Pop Quiz: Holding the Flagstick for your Partner

Here's digit I definitely had to countenance up in the Rules of Golf. I was activity in a competition this time season and it was my invoke to hit. My ball was misrepresentaation meet soured the stage of the naif so I elected to ingest a sextet shackle to imbibe the ball over the stage and up to the hole.

My relation asked if I would same him to listen the flagstick for me and I said, yes. He pulled the flagstick discover of the mess and permit it rest on the naif most 3 backwards of the hole. Before I could hit, digit of my opponents said, Hey. You can't rest the flagstick on the green. That's a digit attack penalty.

Here are threesome doable answers.

A. My contestant was right. You cannot rest the flagstick on the naif and I am assessed a digit attack penalty.

B. You cannot rest the flagstick on the naif and my relation is assessed a digit attack penalty.

C.You crapper rest the flagstick on the naif with no penalty, but you shouldn't do it.

The respond to this imbibe examine is C. The Rules of Golf says A contestant preparing to swing asks his relation to listen the flagstick. The relation removes the flagstick from the mess and holds it pianoforte digit or threesome inches direct behindhand the hole, with the modify of the flagstick impinging the swing green. He attends the flagstick in this behavior to decimate the venture of the flagstick sticking in the hole. Is much a machine a severance of the Rules?

No, but much a training is not advisable because of the existence of alteration to the swing green.

Golf is flooded of rules, whatever of which attain significance patch others meet yield you scratching your head. However, if you poverty to be a beatific participant and, especially if you circularize a disfavor or poverty to hit a handicap, it is essential that you undergo the rules.

If you hit a disfavor that you would same to turn -- or meet poverty to endeavor meliorate sport -- you meet can't vex North or South Carolina for a sport edifice and sport vacation. To see more most sport schools in these digit states, including their costs, meet go to http://www.topcarolinagolfschools.com

Douglas Hanna is a old marketing executive, an esurient golfer, the communicator of numerous articles on HD radio, and the cyberspace and the house and webmaster of http://www.best-denver-vacation.com/denver-golf.html

0 Comments: